Temple University remains under Title IX investigation

Temple has three cases still open for investigation

The U.S. Department of Education released a list of higher education institutions with an open Title IX investigation on February 24th.

Amongst the institutions on the list, Temple is listed as well.

According to the U.S. Department of Education, these institutions are under investigation for possible violations of federal law over handling of sexual violence and harassment complaints.

All colleges and universities receiving federal funds must comply with Title IX. Not abiding to do so makes them a target for federal investigation.

Unfortunately, Temple was added to the list in 2014 and after being updated last week, still remains under investigation for three cases, the first starting in August 2013.

• Case 1: 8/9/2013
  • Case 2: 11/19/2014
  • Case 3: 11/20/2015

The department will not disclose any case facts until the investigation is over. Once the the investigations are done, the case information will be opened to the public.

“We are making this list available in an effort to bring more transparency to our enforcement work and to foster better public awareness of civil rights,” Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights Catherine E. Lhamon said.

Temple University