This inspiring Temple crew is selling beanies to help children with cancer

They are taking part of the nationwide mission

Love Your Melon is an apparel brand that is run by college students with a mission of giving a hat to every child who is battling cancer in the United States.

Among the 45,000 hats that have been donated, the Temple crew has made their own contribution. They have sold beanies with fundraisers at Buffalo Wild Wings and are planning to partake in the Hot Chocolate 15k/ 5k which supports the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House.

Amanda DeFelice, a Junior, explains what this organization means to her.

“It means so much more than people buying hats. I personally don’t know any children that has been affected by cancer, but almost everyone in this group knows someone who is.”

The entrepreneurship student said “It is something that needs to be brought to attention more often in children, and it is a wonderful cause to be a part of.”

Many of the members are proud to be part of this student led organization, and many of them, like Amanda, love to show their pride on social media.

The beanies and other apparel can be bought on the Love Your Melon website. Once you’re ready for checkout, make sure to click on Temple’s Crew to give them the credit they deserve.

Luckily, anyone (even guys) could join to be part of this crew that is making an impact on these children’s lives. If you wish not to join, make sure to support these girls on campus by buying the beanies or other apparel and get all their updates on their future events.

Temple University