What advice would you give to yourself before the semester started?

Maybe I shouldn’t procrastinate so much…

The end of the semester is here! Although we were blessed with DJ Khaled’s motivational snapchat stories to watch to motivate us for our finals, I could speak on the behalf of everyone at Temple that we are READY for winter break.

From the beginning of this semester to the end, there is some advice we wish we could tell my ourselves before we started my fall semester. Perhaps, not buy all of the recommended textbooks that we “needed” for each class but never even used?!

The Temple Tab asked students on campus what they would say if they could give themselves advice for the beginning of this semester.

Morgan Slutsky, Freshman, Journalism

“I would tell myself to talk to more people! Most of the people I talk  to are the people I met the second half of the semester, so I’d tell myself not to be so nervous at the start.”

Christian Walser, Freshman, Undeclared

“I would manage my time better.”

Melissa Bleiman, Sophomore, Accounting & Spanish

“I would tell myself to not be afraid to take a breather every once in a while.”

Angelo Abis, Sophomore, Kinesiology & Pre-Health

“I would tell myself to find people in my classes to study with way sooner.”

Marina Kazakidis, Senior, Criminal Justice

“I would tell myself to prioritize better and not procrastinate as much. The stress is much higher when the pressure is on.”

Alex Brennan, Freshman, Accounting

“I would pay more attention to the material in class.”

Katie Gigler, Freshman, Film and Media Arts

“Explore the city. It’s like an extension of the campus and is full of inspiration.”

Michael Zorzy, Freshman, Undeclared

“Work out more.”

Sarah Matour, Freshman, Psychology

“Give yourself time to do other things rather than study all the time.”

Xi Ren, Freshman, Accounting

“As an international student, I would tell myself to spend more time to make more friends from other countries… branch out!”

Fajer Almenaie, Senior, Speech Language Pathology

“I would tell myself to attend all of my classes and not procrastinate all the time.”

Temple University