The unusual clubs you didn’t know existed at RU Involvement Fairs

Yes, we have a Quidditch team

If you came to the Fall 2016 Involvement Fair, you’ll find that Rutgers has no shortage of clubs. In fact, Rutgers boasts over 400 clubs in total. While the Involvement Fair may have been intimidating with the number of people in attendance and the stretch of tables on College Ave, which blocked off traffic, finding one’s niche wasn’t too difficult thanks to the wide array of possibilities.

Here’s a hand-picked selection of some of the super interesting, and lesser-known clubs one can get involved in at Rutgers.

Scarlet Cross

If you’re a medieval history buff, enjoy historic reenactments and weapons, then this club is your true calling. Scarlet Cross club members dress up in medieval costumes and stage battle scenes the way they took place hundreds of years ago. Come out on Thursdays at 8pm to the Cook Campus Center to check it out.

Rutgers Modeling Club 

While this club may sound like a place for pretty people to strike a pose and strut down the runway, it’s actually a club where you can construct model planes, gundams, and other figurines. This club hopes to auction off some of their creations and donate the proceeds to charity. A good cause and a fun club, which are two things everyone can stand for.

Curly in College 

Curly in College is a club where curly-haired women can discuss going natural with their hair and get advice and support from like-minded individuals. This club is for those who want to embrace their natural hair in all of its beauty. #Empowerment

Rutgers Quidditch

While many universities have their own chapters of Quidditch club, ours has extremely  legit shirts, which means our chapter is automatically better. Grab a broom and represent your Hogwarts house if you’re a true Potterhead.

Rutgers Unplugged Board Gaming Club

Remember when you were a kid and playing board games was one of your favorite things in the world? Ah, nostalgia. Well, you can go back to that warm fuzzy feeling you had as a kid with Rutgers Unplugged Board Gaming. This club meets on Fridays at 8pm at the Busch Campus Center in Room 174. Abandon your adult responsibilities for a while and enjoy some fun games. After all, we deserve it after a long week.

It doesn’t matter what club you join, and it doesn’t matter if you join it for fun or for resume-building. Just join whatever club speaks to you and get involved. You’ll build friendships, make connections, and form memories that’ll go far beyond your college years.

Rutgers University