Things I wish I told my roommate this year

We’re gonna miss ’em

Jacqueline Suazo, 19, French and Journalism & Media Studies

20160512_153737 (1)

“I’m so sorry, but I was freaked out when you would talk in your sleep and you snored so loud. But thank you for being able to sing along to The Killers with me and allowing me to blast heavy music when I needed. I wish I had gotten to know you better cause you’re probably one of the chillest, funniest, kindest, and smartest engineers I will ever know. Keep doing you cause you’re definitely reaching for the stars.”

Danielle Clifford, 21, Art

Yes, that’s the wine

“Sunlight doesn’t hurt. Having the blinds open is better than sitting in a gloomy room. The awkward one worded sentences were the reasons I stopped speaking to you. You were rude, and when you switched rooms with a month of school left, I would’ve liked a heads up and a ‘bye’ but it doesn’t really matter cause I celebrated with a bottle of wine when I got back to my room.”

Nick Nahrwold, 22, Mathematics

“Casper was a great roommate to me. He was never around, but when he was, he came in while I was asleep. I was always his roommate, but he was only mine when his girlfriend got mad at him and kicked him out. No matter what though, I’d always be there for him, always waiting, staring at the door, longing for him to be my roommate for a few more minutes. I’m going to miss the total of the three days we spent together through this year! Much love KY.”

Pat Bell, 22, Communications

“You talking at night was one of my favorite things, sgin (inside joke), and I’m up to no good. I’ll never forget the time over the summer where I kept taking plates back into a certain someone’s living room. It’s been the best year, yet, best of luck next year!”

Emmi Gonzalez, 22, Sports Management

“I really enjoyed spending time with her. I wish I told her it sucked when she’d leave but I tried to be OK with it because at least the cats were there. I wish I told her that I loved when she made any Asian dish/food. I  wish I told her sorry for not being there when she needed me, but also sorry she may have not felt like she could talk to me about anything. I wish I told her that I didn’t always understand why she was the way she was but I love her very much and did my best to understand. I wish I told her that we should’ve had more adventures but I appreciate the adventures we’ve already had and will continue to have hopefully later on.”

Ryan Allen, 20, Journalism

“If you wanna say something, just fuckin’ say it. That would get a lot more done than passive aggressive non-answers. Middle school was a long time ago.”

Atsi Shah, 19, English 

“I’ve never actually been vocally expressive about my emotions to my roommate. We’ve been through so much together this year, which has only made us closer. I want her to know that I appreciate her so much, because without her I would have never been able to survive my freshman year. She gave me advice, made me laugh until it hurt, and took care of me when I was a sick mess. She may be my best friend, but she means so much more to me than that. Thanks KD for being such an awesome roommate!”

Ronnie Siguenza, 19, Journalism

“I wish I had told you about my sexcapades. I had to always sneak around which was just a pain in the ass. I think the one time I really tried opening up to you, I ending up weirding you out so I hid a lot of things. I wish I could have told you to stop leaving things around the bathroom sink. It was so annoying to see your brush and hair all over it every morning. And last, to shut off your alarm! You would let it beep for hours without turning it off!”

Jillian Reyes, 19, Journalism & Media Studies 

“Thank you for setting such high expectations for my future roommates and for helping make this first year at college one of the best years to date. It started off with sharing words of encouragement before every exam and ranting to each other about basically everything, to our casual middle of the night deep life discussions. I will forever be thankful for, and cherish, every time we laughed so hard we cried and every time we went a little wild when we couldn’t sleep at night. Each of these moments have contributed to building a friendship that I believe will last a lifetime. Roomie goals forever!”

Rutgers University