Black Student Union is hosting its annual Unity Day on April 16

The 40th annual celebration is headlined by R&B singer and former 90210 actor, Mack Wilds

If you’re looking for a fun, spring-like activity to fill your weekend, look no further. Black Student Union’s 40th annual Unity Day celebration will be held at 1PM this Saturday, outside the Paul Robeson Cultural Center on Busch Campus.

After many long hours of planning, meetings, discussions and auditions, there is a lot of entertainment in store. BSU’s e-board has planned a free, fun and inviting event for the whole community highlighted by a photo booth, music by DJ Academiks and the return of the DJ competition which was successful in its first year. Many of this year’s performances are by local artists, including Robie Maxx, Anubis Sounds, Mike Hardy and Def Bananas, and previous artists include Kazzie, Kendrick Lamar, ScHoolboy Q and Wiz Khalifa. This year’s headliner is former 90210 star and “Like We Did in the 90s” singer, Mack Wilds. Don’t miss the singer/actor’s performance when he hits the stage around 3PM.

Mack Wilds

Rutgers Black Student Union is a student organization focused on providing a space for blacks to freely express themselves in terms of their identity, as well as a place for others to learn and understand the many different forms of identity within the black community. Unity Day is the organization’s staple event since 1976 and all events are open to anyone and everyone. Donations from Unity Day go towards those affected by the Flint Water Crisis. To learn more about the event or organization, follow RU Black Student Union on Instagram and/or Twitter at @rubsu.

Rutgers University