Former Rutgers football players face additional charges

They were charged with robbery, theft, and burglary

Two former Rutgers football players, Jamil Pollard and Lloyd Terry Jr. were charged Wednesday with robbery and conspiracy for stealing marijuana and money from another Rutgers student in his dorm room. This incident happened on Busch Campus on Dec. 10, 2014.

The official charges for Pollard and Terry are conspiracy, robbery, burglary, and theft, according to NJ.com.

If you are confused as to why robbery, burglary, and theft apparently do not mean the same thing, I was too, but I did a little research for you guys.

Theft means someone has to take someone’s property without the owner’s consent with the intent to keep the property as his or her own. Robbery is taking something from someone using threats or force. Burglary happens when someone enters a place with the intention of stealing something.

With that confusion out of the way, Terry, along with former teammates, Andrew Boggs and Tejay Johnson, were indicted in December for an array of home invasions that happened last April. They were charged with robbery, burglary, theft , conspiracy, and weapons offenses were the charges.

Andre Boggs

Here’s where it gets interesting:  the former student who Lloyd and Pollard robbed on Busch, is the same student who was indicted for being involved with the home invasions.

Both cases are separate from the assault case involving Nadir Barnwell, Razohnn Gross, Ruhann Peele, Delon Stephenson, and his older brother, Daryl Stephenson at Delafield Street.

Peele also was indicted Wednesday for an assault unrelated to these cases that occurred a month after he got arrested in September.

Not only is there a fourth indictment involving a former Rutgers football player thrown in the mix, but another Rutgers student, Jianan Chen, got indicted Wednesday “for possession with intent to distribute,”according to NJ.com

Chen, Peele, Pollard and Terry are free on bail.

Just as a recap, there were three indictments on Wednesday. However, there are four separate cases involving Rutgers football players: the riot on Delafield, last April’s home invasions, Peele’s unrelated assault, the robbery and conspiracy charges on Busch, and one case involving a former Rutgers student involved with the home invasion for possession.

Rutgers University