College Ave and Livi should have reverse bus stops

It’s ridiculous that I have to walk from the Rec Center all the way to the Yellow Lot every time I get off from work

The infamous Rutgers bus system – everyone’s favorite topic to complain about. Finding the flaws in this system is never-ending, but the issue of not having reverse buses on College Ave or Livingston actually has a lot of grounds for argument. For many students it really is the biggest inconvenience they face throughout their everyday routines.

Having only three one-way stops on Livingston campus The Plaza —

The Livingston Student Center —

And The Quads, getting around campus can be a bit of a challenge when you’re going in the opposite direction of the stops.

From complaining about having to walk all the way back to the Yellow Lot (which is next to the RAC) after a long shift at the Rec Center, to having to make an emergency stop at the Quads and then be forced to walk the entire campus and be 40 minutes late your Business class – I think it’s safe to say that having reverse buses run on Livi would be an amazing thing.

But we can’t just let the issue lay there because just like Livi, College Ave has the exact same problem. Being a much larger campus, College Ave does indeed have several more stops then Livi does – but the same dilemma arises when you’re left looking for a way back to the River Dorms or even RSC after being dumped at the train station.

Now you’ll be lucky to catch a EE at Zimmerli but your chances, especially late at night, are slim to none. So because there’s no reverse bus system on CA, you’re left with no other choice and are now forced to walk all over College Ave just to get back home. From all of the complaints I’ve heard from students about this issue it really has become a huge dilemma for students traveling at night especially.

It needs to be simpler – and I’m pretty convinced this is the answer. By enacting a reverse bus system for these campuses we would indeed be adhering to our own need for convenience, but we would also be further ensuring the safety of our students.

So if a reverse system was to be enforced, would you stand behind it to help out your fellow Knights?

Rutgers University