Here’s the video of Professor Perry’s arrest

Princeton Police Department released the footage today

The Princeton Police Department has released footage of Professor Imani Perry’s arrest.

The arrest occurred this past Saturday and was later covered by The Washington Post and The New York Times as part of the national conversation on race relations and law enforcement.

The footage is roughly 30 minutes long and is broken up into three videos. The first shows the officer clocking Professor Perry and pulling her over:

The second clip includes the officer asking Perry whether she was aware that her license had been suspended. Perry says she was not:

In the third clip, the officer explains to Professor Perry the warrant for her arrest and pats her down. At 3:48, the officer can be heard talking to Perry (both off camera):

Officer: “Are you ok?”
Perry: “No”

At 3:00, Perry asks if she can contact the University to let her know she’s being taken into custody. The officers tell her, “When we get there [to the station], you can call them, you can make as many phone calls as you want.”

Perry claimed via Twitter and Facebook that the office “refused to allow me to call anyone from the University before arresting me, even though I told him I was uncomfortable with being taken into custody and having no one know where I was going.”

The third video seems to confirm her claim, though it’s unclear if the officers ever explicitly told her she was forbidden from calling before reaching the station.

Professor Perry deactivated her Twitter account this week, citing dozens of hacking attempts.

Below is the initial Facebook post she made about the arrest, and a followup note she posted can be found here.

Princeton University