Get creative with your Thanksgiving leftovers and be proud of your foodbaby

Don’t say goodbye to your foodbaby* just yet – take a look at these delicious ways to gobble up your leftovers

If you took my advice and made yourself a WaWa Thanksgiving, then you ideally don’t have any leftovers because your meal was so good.  If you did that and do have leftovers, toss them immediately because they’re probably pretty rank at this point.

If, on the other hand, your fridge looks like this post Turkey Day, here are a few killer recipes you can use to turn your leftovers into a whole new meal.

To start: pull all of your Thanksgiving essentials out of the fridge and mentally prepare yourself for round two. Take Shia’s advice and do it. Just do it.

Breakfast: Sweet potato waffles with pomegranate margarita syrup or spiced apple cider syrup.

Whether you had your sweet potatoes plain and simple, coated in marshmallows, or crusted with pecans and brown sugar, sweet potato waffles and pancakes are a simple solution for the morning after.

Recipe: 

2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/3-inch cubes, chilled
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup sweet potato
3 eggs, beaten
Melted butter or vegetable oil for greasing the waffle maker

How to make: 

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder. cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a food processor.  Add butter and pulse until there are no chunks.  Transfer into  bowl and make a well in the center.

In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream, and sweet potato.  Pour into the well and fold the mixture with a spatula.

Heat up the waffle iron, and butter the top and bottom.  Scoop 1/3-2/3 of the batter and spread evenly across the iron.  Cook until golden brown (approx 2-4 mins).

The syrup: spiced apple cider and pomegranate margarita reduction

Pour your cocktail into a sauce pan over low-medium heat and add sugar. Bring to a simmer.  Let cool and drizzle over waffles to your liking.

Optional: add a dollop of leftover cranberry sauce and a scoop of whipped cream with a sprinkle of cinnamon

FINAL STEP: adjust lighting and clear background for the ideal Instagram of your masterpiece.

Lunch: leftover sandwiches 

1. “A Sandwich Upon a Hill,” the vegetarian option

Ingredients: Toasted leftover brioche bun, sweet potatoes, blue cheese, cranberry sauce, and a sprinkle of truffle salt.

2. The Shifke Gobbler and the Spicy Gobbler

Left: Manchego cheese, creamed spinach, turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, mustard and horse radish aioli and Tony Cachere’s Creole seasoning.

Right (spicy): Manchego cheese, creamed spinach, turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, honey mustard, chile crunch, truffle salt.

On a scale of WaWa Gobbler to Hoagie Haven, this was off the charts.

Alternatives to the recipes: stand in front of the fridge (fork optional) and enjoy cold.

*P.S. Official 2015 Foodbaby Names of The Season:

1. Drew Cranbarrymore
  2. Channing Sweet Potatum
  3. Pumpkim Kardashian
  4. Jon Hamm
  5. Nick Cage-Free Turkey
  6. Morgluten Freeman
  7. Robert Brownie Jr.
  8. Kendrick Lamarshmallow
Princeton University