How to: Wawa Thanksgiving for under $10

With only $10 and a culinary vision, I took to the Wa to see what Thanksgiving feast I could make

Though many of you may have already gotten your hungover selves off of campus post Dranksgiving, I decided to put together the perfect on campus Thanksgiving dinner for those spending turkey day in the Orange Bubble.

As if the powers of the mighty Wawa read my mind, the magical hoagie screen gave me hope for a successful Wawa Thanksgiving.

Main course: Naturally, I selected the WaWa Gobbler, for only $3.79.

This glorious mound of Hoagie has every Thanksgiving essential perfectly bundled in a warm sub: carved turkey doused in gravy, stuffing that is a questionable green color, and cranberry sauce, that may or may not be chunky jelly.

The hunt for dessert:

Along with my hoagie, I ordered a pumpkin spice latte, for $2.69.  Though some of my peers have described me as a basic, I in fact did not enjoy this drink at all.

After strolling through the snack filled aisles of the Wa, I finally decided to go with the classics: TastyKake pumpkin cheesecake pie ($1.79) and an Entenmann’s Apple Pie ($1.69).

This is proof America can take any deadly combination of fat and sugar and make it so festive that it would be unpatriotic not to purchase it:

For all you DIYers out there who may be tempted by the always-delicious frosted doughnuts, remember: they’re not on theme. Stay focused.

However, if they’ve thrown the word “pumpkin” in front of it, you’re good.

The moment of truth #1: the checkout counter (ft. Eddie)

THE FINAL MENU: The WaWa Gobbler, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie, Apple Pie

Grand total: $9.96

Eddie and I were pretty pumped to craft such a beautiful feast for under $10.

The moment of truth #2: Would this actually be as delicious as it looked?

The main course looked pretty questionable, and I was a little worried.

When I unraveled this gem from its artfully wrapped Wawa cover, my hands were soaked with gravy, and I thought I may have just unwrapped someone’s Dranksgiving accident.  Alas, for the sake of my epicurean endeavor, I dared to try Thanksgiving in a sandwich.

After skeptically examining the sandwich and briefly questioning my life choices, I came away with the conclusion of “eh actually not that bad.”

Next, I happily moved onto dessert.

What is more American than overly processed and packaged apple pie? Eating that apple pie alongside an equally un-homade cheesecake. Don’t be fooled by the mini pie tin it comes in…that dessert is pure chemical delight and is made by a company that spells cake with a “K.” Not going to lie, these were pretty delicious.

Princeton University