UPDATED: Bomb threat following #OccupyNassau ruled a hoax

P-Safe deems threat “not credible”

This story, initially reporting last night’s bomb threat, has been updated to reflect the university’s finding that the threat was not credible. The new message from the Department of Public Safety is included here, and the original post remains below it.

Shortly after President Eisgruber signed a revised version of the Black Justice League’s demands list tonight, Public Safety received a bomb and firearm threat from an unknown source via email.

The university sent an email to all members of the community warning them to “remain vigilant, check their surroundings and report any suspicious activity to the Department of Public Safety.” The message noted that the threat referred explicitly to student protests:

The University Press Club reported that the Associate Director of Support Services at Public Safety said: “That’s the only information we’ve received and we’re doing exactly what we said in the alert. We’ve stepped up patrols, and we’re contacting other local law enforcement agencies and they’re assisting us in the investigation. We’re tracking email to see where it came from. At this point, we don’t have much more than that.”

Students reacted angrily via social media. Some speculated the threat came from off campus and was a hoax.

Princeton University