I should just transfer to Harvard and save my GPA

A post-mortem of Midterms 2015

Ah, midterms. That glorious time of the year where you have three classes, a lab and a midterm in the same day, and a paper due the next day.

Don’t get me wrong, Midterms Week 2015 was full of good stuff, from that guy who tore up his Econ exam to one of the most outlandish Princetoweens in recent memory. But as always, the week was also loaded with the worst parts of being a Princeton student, like pulling all-nighters while making runs to Wawa, then walking into an 8.15am exam wondering if anything you studied will actually be on the test. With the best worst week of Princeton wrapping up, we headed over to Frist to check out how bad the damage is.

Mike Whitmore

“I haven’t gotten a break from studying in like five days.”

What is a “break?” I heard one of my friends at Harvard talking about it once.

Rohana Chase and Kate Northrop

Rohana: “I could have organized my time better, so just lack of sleep.”

Kate: “I didn’t really have a bad experience with midterms.  People had a relatively worse experience than me because I only had two.”

Kate we love you but some people might not right now.

Kaitlyn Waslawski

“The worst part is that feeling after the midterm where you’re like ‘I don’t know anything.'”

It’s cool how at Princeton, you end up with less knowledge at the end of your exams than at the beginning. An unconventional approach to education, but an interesting one.

Logan Blaine

“Cramming the night before.”

No context needed. The eviscerated desperation nacho bin says it all.

Kerry Farlie

“Taking midterms.”

This was shocking, as we expected people to thoroughly enjoy taking the actual tests.

Lizzy Bradley

“I had too many.  I had two problem sets, a midterm and an essay.”

“Having too many” is indeed one of the most common ailments of midterms season, and coincidentally one of the most catastrophic.

Ruting Li

“Not being able to sleep.”

Who needs sleep when you have the Wa?

Robbie Cohen

“Coming out of the first test, I kinda thought maybe I should study for these some more.”

Wisdom, even from the mouths of frosh.

Princeton University