Ex-boyfriend of Alina Sheykhet sought by police

Matthew Darby was arrested in September after breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s apartment

Pittsburgh Police are looking for Matthew Darby, the ex-boyfriend of Alina Sheykhet who was found killed in her home yesterday morning.

Darby is a student athlete at Pitt Greensberg. Sheykhet tranferred to Pitt Main in Oakland this year after spending her first two years at UPG.

Sonya Toler, a Pittsburgh Police spokesperson, said: "The Pittsburgh Bureau of Police is aware of the Protection From Abuse order that was filed by the victim against her former boyfriend, 21-year-old Matthew Darby. It was filed as a result of his breaking into her Cable Place apartment on September 20, 2017.

"He was arrested on September 26 on those charges. At this point in the investigation, he has not been charged in the homicide. Detectives are asking for the public's assistance with locating Mr. Darby. Please call the Violent Crime Unit at 412-323-7800."

Sheyket's family and friends have posted tributes to Alina on social media.

If you have any information on Darby's whereabouts, please call Pittsburgh's Violent Crime Unit at 412-323-7800.

University of Pittsburgh