Penn State in the top 1 percent of universities in the world

Just another reason to brag about the best alma mater around

Penn State is absolutely killing it. Yet again, our university has earned a prestigious title, this time as one of the top one percent of universities in the world.

If you’ve been questioning your choice of Penn State or looking for a reason to brag about your alma mater (which, let’s face it, is far more likely) here’s just one more reason.

Photo by Caitlin Regan

The study was completed by QS and involved 25,000 schools overall. The full list only contained the top 1000, though, and Penn State made it to spot 95, up six places from last year’s 101. This is the highest ranking we’ve achieved with QS since 2012. Basically, we just keep getting better.

QS also rated Penn State’s research intensity at the highest level, and our focus in at the most comprehensive level as well. Our academic reputation and and citations per faculty are above an 80, too.  

Beyond that, we’re ranked 47 in Statistics and Operational Reseach programs in the world. We even beat out UPenn (literally an Ivy League school) in Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering as 46th in the world. Even more, we’re ranked 26 in the world for Mineral and Mining Engineering – UPenn isn’t even on the list!

Take a look at the stats yourself and remember why you chose Penn State.

Penn State