NYU-go to one of the top 40 colleges in the world

And don’t you forget it

It’s official: NYU is the 34th best university in the world, along with Ohio State University and Washington University in St. Louis.

New rankings from US News place us in the top 5 percent of universities in the world. If we factor out all international schools, NYU ties for the 26th best university in the nation.

NYU is often referred to as a “new Ivy school”, but we’ve beaten out two of the eight original Ivies: Brown are #99 and Dartmouth came a lowly 231rd.

According to the report we’re tied for #34 with two other schools

Harvard ranked number one (no surprise), with American schools dominating the top 5.

The top 5 ranked schools in the world

The above rankings only focus on research aspects instead of taking into account the amount of diversity in student population, student GPAs, job placement after graduation and the amounts of programs the school offers. The title of their findings is misleading to say the least, unless you read the fine print.

What this list also fails to recognize is that NYU has produced more than 20 Pulitzer Prize winners, 9 Nobel Prize winners, New York City’s current mayor, the filming grounds for the final season of Glee, the birthplace of Def Jam Records, one half of Brangelina, and Andy Samberg.

NYU College Rankings NYC NYU The Tab