Yogi Ferrell wrote an Insta post tearjerker

Beloved forward and other IUBB seniors take to social media following NCAA tournament knockout

If you haven’t heard already — or you’re still in denial — the Indiana University Hoosiers mens basketball team lost 86 to 101 to University of North Carolina last Friday night. It was a mighty fight, but it was clear the Tar Heels were hot, especially with three pointers.

This kicked the Hoosiers out of being in the Elite Eight and the chance to be NCAA champions. This unfortunately also stomps on the dreams of Senior forward: Kevin (Yogi) Ferrell. In the last thirty seconds of the game, Yogi was taken out and was seen tearing up on the bench.

At this point it was apparent to the team and the Hoosier viewers back home that the game was indeed over as well as our rollercoaster season.

A couple days later he delivered more feels to the Hoosiers with a Monday Instagram post saying how he is “proud to be a Hoosier for life.”

Here’s the full message:

As I look back at the 4 years I have had at Indiana University, I can think about how Hoosier nation has treated me not only as a basketball player, but as a person as well. The love and support I have received these past 4 years have been something special and I’m forever grateful to have played for such a historic university. I gave everything I had all 4 years day in and day out because I wanted to learn, adapt, and grow. That’s why to come up short this year hurts but I’m proud of this team because we showed a will and resiliency that was unlike any other team I’ve played with. All the teammates I have had are my brothers for life and I am fortunate to have the friendships I have made. Through all the ups and downs I can say that I’ve become a better man and a better player. The best memories of my life have been playing for this university. I’m proud to say I am a Hoosier for life. #IUBB #11 #ForIndiana

Yogi certainly wasn’t the only IUBB senior who made heartfelt posts following the end of the Hoosiers’ run this Friday. Here’s some more social media sentiment from our senior boys Nick Zeisloft, Max Bienfeldt, and Ryan Burton.

Extremely blessed to play #ForIndiana. Thanks for the ride, Hoosier Nation.

A photo posted by Ryan Burton (@rburton_10) on Mar 26, 2016 at 12:05pm PDT

NOTE: Manager-turned-rostered-player Jackson Tharp is also a senior but as of 11:00 AM on March 29th has not made any public social media post reflecting on the end of his IUBB tenure.

IU