Kerry Washington is the Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year

The star of Scandal is coming this month

This year’s Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year award goes to Kerry Washington for her “lasting and impressive contributions to the world of entertainment.”

The winner is presented with an award, a parade around campus and a celebratory roast.

Kerry, who stars in Scandal, won the prize after Amy Poehler in 2015, Helen Mirren in 2014, and Marion Cotillard in 2013.

Kerry, who graduated from George Washington University, was the first black actress to lead a network TV drama since 1974 – and recently starred in Django Unchained.

The response was so positive she broke The Hasty Pudding’s internet:

Hasty Pudding producer Kennedy Edmonds said: “We are so excited to honor Kerry Washington as the Hasty Pudding Theatricals’ Woman of the Year and welcome her to Cambridge to celebrate her many achievements.

“Kerry is an amazing actress with many fans in the company, and the perfect choice for this honor.

“But we also feel a bit nervous as we set out to coordinate a perfect event for legendary PR whiz Olivia Pope!”

Kerry is expected to be paraded around The Square on January 28th at 2:45 PM. See you there.

Harvard