Angelina Jolie to teach at Georgetown this fall

Can Brad come too?

Hollywood A-lister, UN official, and humanitarian legend, Angelina Jolie, will become a full-blown Hoya as she teaches guest classes at Georgetown this fall, Us Weekly claim.

The box office star will use her passion for humanitarianism to teach a guest class starting in just a few months.

The 41 year-old star will use her experience in the UN as a special envoy, and in humanitarianism to teach a class on women, peace and security.

Photo: World Economic Forum/ Remy Steinegger

A parallel class will be run at our prestigious sister school, The London School of Economics in London, in collaboration with the former UK Foreign Secretary, William Hague.

At her first class in spring the hollywood activist explained her curious move from the screen to the lectern:

“It is vital that we broaden the discussion on how to advance women’s rights and end impunity for crimes that disproportionately affect women, such as sexual violence in conflict.

“I am looking forward to teaching and learning from the students, as well as to sharing my own experiences of working alongside governments and the United Nations.”

Photo: Gage Skidmore

The high profile heavyweight duo announced the course at the LSE in May this year, and rumours of a collaboration with Georgetown surfaced after our very own Melanne Verveer, the director of the Institute for Women, Peace and Security, expressed an interest.

Verveer said in May:

“‘I was pleased to meet with Angelina Jolie during my recent trip to London on ways we at Georgetown University can continue the collaboration between our sister programs on both sides of the Atlantic.

“We look forward to welcoming Angelina and former foreign secretary Hague to Georgetown in the future.”

Georgetown University