Georgetown freshman dies in skiing accident

Nathan Kittredge Rom passed away on Wednesday morning

Georgetown student Nathan Kittredge Rom (SFS ’19) has died after a skiing accident.

Nathan, known to friends as Kit, died on Wednesday morning while on a family vacation in Colorado, a campus email has confirmed.

The accident occurred when the freshman, studying Science, Technology and International affairs, hit a tree while skiing in Copper Mountain.

He was a member of Georgetown University Boxing Club and was also known for his morning shifts working in Saxby’s Coffee.

A keen student, Nathan scored a perfect 2400 on his highschool SAT, before taking a gap year to travel around the world before he came to study at Georgetown.

Rom’s father is Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at the McCourt School of Public Policy Mark Rom.

Friend Anna Gloor paid tribute to Nathan, saying: “He lived on my floor and was an incredible, warm person.”

“He was an incredible guy, always smiling. Even though I didn’t know Kitt as well as some of my other floormates, he’s always had a presence on my life here at Georgetown and especially on my floor.

“He was a curious, adventurous, and genuinely caring person who always stopped to ask how others were doing. He really tried to live life to its fullest. His hilarious sarcasm, awesome stories, and coffee obsession will be missed.”

His memorial service will be held next Thursday on March 17 in Dahlgren Chapel, to be attended by members of the Georgetown community, before his funeral held March 24 in Arlington, Va.

Georgetown University