Florida State is the best school in Florida, the US and probably the world

St8 is the best place on the planet

I’m just going to say it: Florida State is the best school in Florida, the United States, and the world for that matter.

We may not be the number one academic school in the state, but our football team is top tier and we know how to balance school with a social life better than anyone. Being at Florida State is an experience like no other- we’re the best dang school on the planet, and here’s why:

Location: Tallahassee isn’t Nasty

It’s a common misconception that “Tallnasty” is actually nasty, but it’s quite the opposite. It’s the capital city of Florida, meaning A. it’s bound to be a beautiful, clean city and B. the career and internship opportunities are endless- governmental or otherwise. FSUs campus is beautiful, with sidewalks and buildings made of beautiful brown brick, grassy, green areas full of mossy oak trees to lounge underneath and study, and tons of outdoor lakes and parks (The Rez, anyone?).

We’re in sunshine-y Florida, so it’s beautiful pretty much the entire year, but far enough north and close enough to The Gulf that you don’t want to die for more than half of it. It’s pretty much like going to school in the most calm, serene environment ever.

Our athletics and school spirit are off the charts 

Football National Champs in 2013, Women’s Soccer National Champs in 2014, Football State Champs in 2015, and the top football recruiting class in the nation for 2016, the list goes on and on. No athletic event is complete without a good warchant, and one of the first things they teach you at orientation is the F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E! cheer. The feeling of pride you get when you look around and see 12,000+ Noles tomahawk chopping along side you is a beautiful thing.

We even tomahawk chop at the club.

Speaking of the club… Our social scene is the best there is 

Tally girls know how to get down

Clydes on Monday, Poor Pauls on Tuesday, Mint for Wine Down Wednesday, Purgatory at Pots on Thursday, Standard on Friday, Encore on Saturday, and Madison Social for brunch on Sunday.

We have some of the nicest Greek houses in the nation and the diversity of Greek life on campus is second to none. If Greek life isn’t for you, we have over 700 hundred student clubs and organizations to get involved with, including our own freakin’ circus.

Basically, anyone from any walk of life can find their niche at Florida State.

We’re smarter and work harder than you think

Our departments of physics, chemistry, statistics, poli sci, and public policy, among many others, rank within the top 25 in the country. Some of our fine arts programs rank among the best in the world.

The many libraries on campus are always packed on any given day from sun up to sun down- actual proof we put just as much, if not more, effort into our academics than any other school.

No one has more school spirit than we do 

FSU’s campus and the immediate surrounding area is so compact, that it’s hard not to become close to your peers, and with that sense of unity comes ridiculous pride in our university. Our Seminole community is super tight knit and win or lose, we stick together.  There aren’t nicer students on the planet than the students at Florida State; plus everyone looks good in Garnet and Gold.

Let’s be honest, Florida State can’t be beat. We have one of the nicest campuses in Florida, a strong student body that takes academics seriously, some of the best athletics around, and you couldn’t ask for more school spirit or a better social scene. Basically, if you don’t go to Florida State, you’re missing out on life.

And if you go to any other school on the planet, we feel sorry for you.

@KaaamiJ

Florida State University