An insider’s look at the hidden beauty of Cornell

You might not have realized these beautiful spots were in your backyard

Earlier this summer, the Huffington Post named Cornell University as one of the prettiest campuses in America. An just a few weeks ago, the Town & Country Magazine named us the 15th most beautiful campus in the country.

This is not the first time Cornell has been acknowledged for its beauty, and it certainly wont be the last.

Here are a few reason’s why.

Some of the location that will be mentioned below may be far too familiar. Yet these popular sites have more to offer than you may believe. Looking at them from another perspective may convince you that there is much you have yet to see on this campus we call home.

Beebe Lake

The most familiar view of Beebe Lake is the one you can see when crossing the Thurston Avenue Bridge, or the drawbridge that passes right over the dam. Yet if this as far as your familiarity with the lake goes, you have only seen the bare minimum. If you go exploring the trails that wind around it, you will find numerous places that are beautiful, isolated and relaxing.

Cornell Plantations

Yes, you have heard people tell you countless times that the Plantations are gorgeous. But the Plantations are huge. Here are a few specific places you should visit before the snow begins to fall.

FR Newton Arboretum

Mundy Wildflower Garden

Ithaca Falls and Fall Creek

There are many very beautiful spots to sit and relax around Fall Creek. Ithaca Falls is a popular location, but Fall Creek’s trails lead to many more hidden gems.

The Wildflower Preserve

If you hike around these fields and down the river that runs through, you are bound to find some extraordinary sites. Much like this one:

Winter is coming on fast, but there is time to visit some of these locations if ever you simply need a nice view or if you need a place to de-stress.

Happy exploring!

Cornell