BREAKING: Impeachment protest happening on campus

Protesters have taped their mouths shut and are outside the GSU and Marsh

Following last night’s impeachment trial for the Student Government’s members Kimberly Barzola and Marwa Sayed, students have gathered around campus to protest.

Prior to the trial an anonymous group created a petition to remove the Vice President of Finance, Barzola, from office.

Protesters are sitting outside the GSU and Marsh Chapel with duct tape across their mouths and signs saying “BU Students Against Silence “Dissolve Student Government” and “Minority Voices Matter”.

The claims against the editorial board were for creating “a hostile environment for the only Jewish cabinet member, holding the majority of their meetings on Jewish Holidays.” and practicing “systemic racism against BU’s Jewish population.”

After the petition was released the Student Government released a statement denying the claims.

“The executive board will not tolerate the censorship of political speech seeing as the statement was not made on behalf of student government and did not target anyone. According to the United States Constitution, all people are entitled to their opinions. And yet, some students, including members of Student Government, have chosen external politics to catalyze a smear campaign and have dedicated the last few weeks to shamelessly making defamatory claims against a valuable student leader.”

BU