Trump has almost no chance of winning Rhode Island

Somewhere between three and six percent

A few months away from the general election, things are looking good for Hillary Clinton. It’s too early to call, but the Trump carnival seems to be losing steam after a slew of controversies over the summer.

This is especially true in Rhode Island, where the Republican candidate’s chances of winning are looking very bleak. FiveThirtyEight gives Trump a 5.9 percent chance of winning Rhode Island, in comparison to Clinton’s whopping 94 percent.

FiveThirtyEight‘s prediction

Similarly, The New York Times gives the Republican nominee a dismal three percent chance of winning the smallest state in the nation.

According to the NY Times, Rhode Island has historically been a “much more Democratic” voting state than the country as a whole, which helps explain Hillary’s commanding advantage over her opponent. Indeed, Bernie Sanders’ primary win in the Ocean State underlines the progressiveness of Rhode Island voters.

Although the result in Rhode Island may not influence the outcome of this year’s election, these projections reflect a broader trend: Hillary is projected to win big in all historically Democratic-voting states. More importantly, she is also projected to win in most swing-states, and even in North Carolina, a traditionally more Republican state.

At a Rhode Island rally this year, Hillary said: “I love this little state. I have so many friends here.” It seems like she’s getting a lot of love back, while the Trump campaign is left looking for answers.

Brown University