The Willow is reopening

The Berghain of Britain is back

The City of York Council have today confirmed the reinstatement of Willow following a public outcry.

A petition to reopen everyone’s favourite York nightclub, Willow has reached an unprecedented 320,000 signatures after being posted on The LadBible. City of York Council have sited the extraordinary numbers of signatories, as well as Clinton Cards’ introduction of non-EU regulation sized cards, as the reason for their action.

Where it all began

Late night discos had been staged at Willow on Coney Street since 1973 and it had been a business from 1936 until its untimely end on 26th July 2015 when it was replaced by Clinton Cards.

In a lengthy and now premature obituary, The Guardian called it: “A Chinese buffet by day, a debauched disco by night, with the cheapest shots in the north of England and limitless prawn crackers, the Willow was an institution for generations of York youth.”

But to all students, aside from this year’s unknowing freshers, we called it home. And thanks to these recent revelations, our home, is coming home.

The Tab are unaware whether the legendary Tommy Fong will return to his throne, as manager of The Willow and are eagerly awaiting a response to our numerous messages.

H. Clinton, owner of Clinton Cards, was unavailable for comment.