Update: There are currently 67 positive coronavirus cases at Sussex University

47 of these cases are from students living on campus

Today, the University of Sussex have released the latest results for the number of active COVID-19 cases amongst students and staff.

As of today (October 12th), there are 67 confirmed cases overall, with 47 on campus and 20 off campus. According to the university, all of these cases are students apart from one member of staff off campus.

This comes after all sports societies have been called on to temporarily suspend sporting activities until further notice.

The uni website ensures that: “The level of positive cases in our campus community, whilst obviously concerning for their welfare and of others, is not at a level whereby it should change our current mode of blended learning for students.”

“However, if the number of cases rises to a point that we feel that we need to restrict movement around campus, such as reducing the number of indoor spaces where people mix (even with face coverings on) we will do that. ”

It also provides guidance for those who find themselves suffering COVID-19 symptoms, with a link to a COVID-19 symptoms or self-isolation reporting form.

You can view full statistics and the University’s message here.