Vogue Style Icon visits Oxford to spill her style secrets to students

Oxford Women in Business Society welcomes Serena Hood to speak about her experience of the Fashion Industry.

Last week, the most fashion focused students at Oxford flocked to Magdalen Auditorium to see one of Vogue magazine’s chicest employees share her style secrets.

Serena Hood, who is Executive Fashion Editor for the style bible, spoke of her love for fashion, that has never ceased to grow since she was a teenager.

Serena wore a simple but stylish white top, paired with a geometric monochrome skirt.

She explained to students that she first developed her passion for fashion by starting her own line of underwear.Her knicker knowledge then bagged an exclusive  internship at Elle-Magazine.

Serena Hood speaks at Magdalen Auditorium

Serena told students that the best way to make it in the fashion world is to ‘make yourself indispensable; even making coffee can create opportunities!’  And it seems like sound advice as her career in the Industry of Fashion then blossomed with various jobs from her beginnings in merchandise for Marc Jacobs to her becoming the Accessories Editor for American Vogue.

The style icon and Vogue big wig warns that it’s not all glam

She warned students that fashion isn’t all glam though and that things were sometimes very tough: ‘During three years, I was only given 10-days holiday allowance per year’.