How to: The Little Black Dress

Do you spend hours deciding what to wear in the morning? Never have any clothes for a night out? Stuck on a student budget? Here are eight ways to transform your LBD.

No wardrobe is complete without a little black dress.

Since its creation by Coco Chanel during the 1920’s in Paris, the Little Black Dress, or LBD for those in the know, has become a wardrobe essential.

You can transform your LBD with the help of these easy tips.

Total Black

Chynna Davies – Fashion, Production and Communication

There’s a very good reason that head-to-toe black is favoured by fashion insiders: all black is super chic. Black is this season’s hottest colour.

Add some black shoes, tights and possibly a hat and cape to finish off that gorgeous black dress.

Red and Black

Mollie Tracey – Broadcast Journalism

Sexy and classy, simple yet effective, red and black definitely complement each other.

This gorgeous detailed jacket adds colour and sophistication to that LBD.

Biker Chic

Hannah Baillie – Print Journalism

Wear ankle boots and a leather jacket with your LBD and your look will be transformed.

This is a great daytime look and even better for casual nights out.

Glam it up!

Adding a dab of sparkling jewellery, some heels and a clutch bag to your dress can transform you into the best dressed at the party.

Great for a night out!

Black and White never gets old

A striking look that’s been on the catwalk for years. Simply add a white blazer and shoes to your LBD.

This look is so classic and great for cocktails with the girls!

Splash of Sunshine

Yes, winter might be approaching girls, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add a bit of sunshine to your outfit.

Add a touch of colour to your LBD and look great for a fun night out. Don’t let the colour overpower your dress – less is more.

Boho Chic Vibe

Layer a quirky necklace, add some tall boots and give your LBD that boho vibe.

This combination will ensure you still look ready to party.

Warm up that LBD

Add a pair of black tights, boots, a large coat and an oversized scarf to your LBD. This look is great for those cold Nottingham days!

Now get your Little Black Dress out of your closet and fall in love with it again!