6 Signs You Go Out Too Much

Sometimes you just need to say no.

It’s that time of year again. Christmas is looming and along with all of the festivities and dodgy Santa costumes comes an abundance of deadlines for each and every student.

We’ve never seen the Sydney Jones quite so busy and you’re pretty sure one of your friends has died as nobody has heard from him in weeks.

Unfortunately, alongside all this depression comes a desperate urge to head down to Cava and drown our sorrows under a sea of one pound tequilas. Some of us resist this urge, instead rewarding ourselves with a cup of tea for every thousand words we complete. Some of us don’t…

Here are six signs you need to stay in once in a while.

1) You’ve befriended one too many bouncers.

“I can’t go to Heebies, I’ve got no ID on me” – This is a statement that will never, ever be heard to leave your mouth. No no, you swan up to Mark on the door like you own the club. Queuing for Med? Not an issue, Steven will usher you straight to the front with a cheeky wink as you look sympathetically towards all of the cold freshers standing in line behind you.

2) You don’t pay for drinks.

We’re not talking minesweeping here. From Santa Chupitos to Faculty, no matter where you go you’ve got an alliance with at least one bartender that means double vodka lemonades are sent in your direction like they’re going out of fashion.

3) You have to actively avoid town if you need to stay in that night.

Going for a quick drink in town is simply not an option for you. One drink definitely leads to two, which leads to five, which almost always leads to you finding yourself on Bold St at five in the morning with little recollection of what happened after you left Peacock at 7pm.

4) You’ve mastered the art of walking on cobbled streets in heels.

When you first arrived on Concert Square in your stilettos you resembled Bambi on ice. After a few weeks you’d progressed to the level of a toddler taking their first few steps. By now though, you’re able to storm from one end of Liverpool to the other in eight inch heels with more poise than Kate Moss on the catwalk.

5) You’ve befriended takeaway shop workers across the city.

You know where to get the best pizza, chicken and kebab and you almost ALWAYS get a freebie. You don’t care how many people are waiting in line, all you need to do is wave at the men behind the counter and you’ll have a Donner Kebab sitting in your lap before you can say chips and gravy.

6) You differentiate between going out and going OUT out.

Going out is just popping into Juicy for an hour, but going OUT out is a full blown night at EVAC, after-party included. Right?

Like The Tab on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.