Image may contain: Person, People, Human

BREAKING: Leeds UCU members have voted to reject an agreement to end strike action

150 Members were there to vote, some leaning through windows

Members of the Leeds UCU branch have voted to reject the proposed agreement to end strike action.

The agreement, drawn up between the national representatives of the UCU and Universities UK, was sent to members yesterday evening and was considered today during the Emergency General Meeting by the UCU higher education and brand reps.

Over 150 Leeds UCU members have now voted to reject the agreement which was to involve a three year transitional period of pensions, salary cap of £42,000.

The agreement has been criticised by members of the UCU for seeming to set a precedent against future strike action by stating that the UCU should "Encourage its members to prioritise the rescheduling of teaching in order to minimise the disruption to students."

The UCU branch in Leeds now joins 37 other branches that have rejected the offer from UCU/UUK and will be marching again tomorrow at noon.

The rejection of this agreement by the Leeds UCU means that strike action is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.