Leeds Clubs Nominated for DJ Mag Awards

Mint Warehouse, Wire and Flux are all in the running for a national award

A collection of Leeds’ best venues and club nights have been nominated for a prestigious nationwide award.

DJ Mag’s Best of British Awards, which formerly crowned the recently closed Garage ‘Best Small Club 2012’, includes a trio of Leeds nightlife favourites in three of its nomination categories.

Both Mint Warehouse and The Wire are in the running for ‘Best Large Club’ and ‘Best Small Club’ respectively, while much-loved Flux is a nominee for ‘Best Club Night’.

Is Flux the best club night in the country? Voters will decide in the next few weeks

Although London-based venues and nights feature most prominently in the nominations, Leeds is a close second proving its worth as a party city.

The online awards allow Leeds clubbers to vote for their favourite nights.

“Best of British is your chance to pay homage to the homegrown DJs, artists, clubs, record labels and festivals that make the UK one of the most exciting scenes on the planet.”

Intimate: Wire has been nominated for best small club

An announcement on the Mint Warehouse Facebook page encourages regular attendees to support the venue.

“If you like what we do here at MW please take two minutes of your time to vote for us, we can assure you that we have some exciting plans in place for next year…”

You can vote here.