August: Osage County opening night cancelled

The opening night (5th February) of ‘August: Osage County’ has been cancelled

August: Osage County EUTCo exeter northcott theatre storms the tab the tab exeter University of Exeter

ATTENTION: Due to extreme weather conditions, tonight’s performance of August: Osage County has been cancelled.

The production by EUTCo was set to be opening tonight at Exeter Northcott Theatre at 19:30, but severe storms sweeping the South West have meant it has had to be delayed.

Do not fear, though, theatre-goers: All of tonight’s ticket holders are being contacted today regarding being transferred to a later show in the run.

Images taken from ‘August: Osage County’ rehearsals

Producer Alexandra Tildesley remains optimistic, stating: “It may be raining in Exeter but in August the cast have never been hotter.”

In terms of other performances, they are still scheduled to run on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. As the Tab‘s preview suggests, the show is set to be a cracker, with the cast in high spirits.

“Maybe the rain is a blessing in disguise,” Alexandra says. “The way we see it, we have three chances to absolutely smash it and the cast have never been more determined.”

Well, the Tab looks forward to entering the madhouse that is August: Osage County, even if we have to row there by boat.

Tickets are priced at £8 and can be found here: