The Cardiff Uni boob team raised over £500 for CoppaFeel at the Cardiff Clash rugby game

The Cardiff Uni men’s rugby club raised the money for breast cancer awareness month

The Cardiff Uni boob team and the Cardiff Uni men’s rugby club partnered up this October to raise money for CoppaFeel, a breast cancer awareness charity, and ended up raising over £500 for the charity.

The rugby club and boob team decided that the Cardiff Uni vs Cardiff Met game would be a great opportunity in order to fundraiser for the breast cancer charity.

On the day, the rugby club raised money during their games in Llanrumney and at Cardiff arms park. The Netball club also joined the rugby club to fundraise in the evening.

The boob team said: ”It was super easy to organise as the rugby club were so on it.”

Two other games will also take place in October against Durham and Hartpury, during which the boys will be wearing pink taping and will be selling Welsh cakes on the sidelines to raise even more money.

The boob team have had not only the rugby club fundraise for them, but the Bioscience netball team also be held a charity netball tournament on the weekend of the 16th October.

The boob team have also been visiting societies and clubs at Cardiff Uni to hold a ‘boob school’ where they educate students on the importance of understanding what is normal.

The charity stated: ”Checking your boobs once a month to get to know your normal can be life saving. We want to educate everyone that breast cancer isn’t just for women. People of all genders can get breast cancer as everyone has breast tissue.

”Breast tissue also reaches up to your collar bone and under your armpits so it is important that you are checking there too!”

Mollie, the Vice President of Cardiff Uni boob team said: ”The idea that something as simple as checking your boobs could help save your life is mind blowing. If being part of the uni boob team means that even one person is helped, then it is worth every minute.”

Maddison, the President stated: ”I wanted to do something to not just spread the message but also make a support network.”

Boob schools can be organised by reaching out to the boob team on their Instagram page: @ubtcardiff

If you are interested in the charity, you will find all information on their Instagram. Weekly meetings are held every Tuesday at 7 pm in the SU.