In Aid of Vintage

The Tab kicked off Cardiff Fashion Week by having a browse at the Vintage Fair…

It’s Cardiff Fashion Week; a week full of fashion and beauty, but you fashionistas already know that right? So, why not celebrate by digging out a piece of clothing from the past and making it your own statement piece?

Fashion is always changing, but old styles are continuously being brought back to life. Think twice before you discard that oversized denim jacket – vintage is timeless!

The Tab marked the beginning of an exciting week for Cardiff by visiting the local Woodville pub for Rose Tinted’s Vintage Clothing Fair.

Rose Tinted Vintage is an online vintage fashion boutique created, in November 2010, by sisters Jo and Danielle. They organise a monthly fair, mostly when students are around.

Jo & Danielle wanted to “create something local and affordable”

They also raise money for different charities every month, successfully donating over £500 in total.

Rail upon rail of bargain buys at the Vintage Fair

There were lots of different stalls filled with fur coats, quirky shift dresses, and cut-off denim shorts. In their midst was this army jacket, which embraces the hot A/W 2012 military trend.

Awesome military print – on trend

A great selection of the best in vintage buys

Vintage accessories were a big hit, with plenty of satchel bags, gold broaches and chains to chose from. The Tab’s editor, Daisy Esther Payne, bought herself a cheeky bag for £7. Bargain!

Just some of the bags that were for sale

Jo’s favourite item is the satchel bag – “you can bring a bit of your own personality to it!” Whereas Danielle’s love is for the vintage vibes and for the music – “It’s great doing it with my sister, we both bring a mixture to the table.”

You can visit them on their website www.rosetintedvintage.com or join their group on Facebook [email protected]. They can also be found on ASOS marketplace!

The Tab would like to leave you with one final word of fashion wisdom…

“Fashion passes, style remains” – Gabrielle Chanel