Meet the new sports captains for Nottingham

Ain’t nobody got time for Trent

Nottingham is king of the sports field. Whether it’s the darts championship, or the hockey team challenging homophobia off the field, there’s more than one reason to bleed green.

Here’s a list of all the incoming captains for this year.

Looking for a challenge after uni? Apply for Teach First’s Leadership Development Programme and lead by example

Football

Rhys Vaughan Williams, 3rd year, Economics (Men’s 1st Team Captain)

Where do you live? Cottesmore Road.

What’s your favourite night? Crisis.

Do you have any pre-match rituals? Wake up, shower, green tea, and plenty of music.

What are you currently lifting in the gym? 38kg flat dumbbell bench press and squat 400kg.

Kayla Kret, Bioengineering Ph.D. (1st Team Captain)

Where do you live? Beeston.

What’s your favourite night? Nights in on Tuesday watching Bake Off.

Do you have any pre-match rituals? I wait to put on my boots and shinpads until the very last minute before the match.

Netball

Izzy Kotler, 3rd year, Medical Physiology & Therapeutics (Club Captain)

Where do you live? Lenton.

What’s your favourite night? Crisis.

Do you have any pre-match rituals? Weetabix and raisins.

Tell us something about you others won’t know: I have 3 passports. I’m half Turkish, half Canadian and I was born in the U.K.

Izzy is always going the extra mile for her teammates – if you’re willing to go above and beyond apply to Teach First’s Leadership Development Programme today

Athletics

Dylan Stanway, 2nd year, Law (Men’s Cross Country Captain)

Where do you live? I’m living in Rutland Hall as a Christian Union hall leader.

What’s your favourite night? Pryzm Mondays.

What are you currently lifting in the gym? Bench 50kg.

Do you have any pre-match rituals? Eating a Snickers and having my way with a portaloo.

Tell us something about you others won’t know: My hidden Talent is traditional South African call and response singing.

Chloe Bird, 3rd year, Nutrition and Dietetics (Women’s Cross Country Captain)

Where do you live? Lenton.

What’s your favourite night? Crisis obvs.

Do you have any pre-match rituals? Always without fail I’ll have a bowl of porridge in the morning and a banana 2 hours before the race. I also slap my legs before starting a race which is really weird but it gets me pumped.

Tell us something about you others won’t know: I’m a Christian gal, big up the JC.

Take the biggest challenge yet – apply for Teach First’s Leadership Development Programme and put your skills to the test

Makun Madar, 3rd year, Physics and Astronomy (Men’s Track Captain)

Where do you live? Welby road.

What’s your favourite night? Crisis is always a funky night but Gin and Juice is my jam!

What are you currently lifting in the gym? Bench probably looking at 55kg, deadlift is about 90kg and squat is around 85kg.

Do you have any pre-match rituals? The day before a race I eat lots of carbs and on the starting line I always do a quick prayer!

Tell us something about you others won’t know: I write lyrics for raps. I have a few rap videos out with my friends.

Holly Jones, 2nd year, Microbiology (Women’s Track Captain)

Where do you live? Lenton.

What’s your favourite night? Rescue Rooms and karaoke.

What are you currently lifting in the gym? Squat 70kg.

Do you have any pre-match rituals? Listening to Kasabian.

Tell us something about you others won’t know: I can count to 10 in Welsh.

Want to get more fulfilment than your standard grad job? Looking to excel while leading others? Apply for Teach First’s Leadership Development Programme today

Basketball

Stuart Wharff, 3rd year, Sport Rehabilitation and Exercise Science (Men’s 1st Team Captain)

Stuart (Right)

Where do you live? Lenton.

What’s your favourite night? Crisis.

What are you currently lifting in the gym? Squat 130kg, deadlift 200kg (last I checked 2 years ago) and bench 90kg.

Do you have any pre-match rituals? An hour of skill work before the game.

Tell us something about you others won’t know: I only started playing basketball after watching Troy Bolton in High School Musical.

Eleanor Bishop, 4th year, Oncology Msc (Women’s 1st Team Captain)

Eleanor (Right)

Where do you live? Bute Avenue in Lenton.

What’s your favourite night? Crisis.

Do you have any pre-match rituals? I take at least 20 three-point shots before a game.

Tell us something about you others won’t know: After every game we win I treat myself to 20 nuggets.

Stuart and Eleanor are always the ones pushing their team to the top – apply for Teach First’s Leadership Development Programme today and join a network of graduates discovering their potential

Lacrosse

Jack Robinson, 3rd year, Chemistry (Men’s 1st Team Captain)

Where do you live? Lenton.

What’s your favourite night? Crisis.

Tell us something about you others won’t know: I first played lacrosse at 18 months old.

Honor Sangster, 2nd year, Biology (Women’s 1st Team Captain)

Where do you live? Lenton.

What are you currently lifting in the gym? Squat 60kg.

Tell us something about you others won’t know: I also play underwater hockey.

Teach First offer a grad scheme that’ll help you get ahead and make a difference to the lives of young people – apply today