Redland to Stokes Croft: A guide on where to live in Bristol

Choose anywhere but Easton

It comes as no surprise that Bristol features on so many lists declaring the city as one of the best or happiest places to live in the UK. Not only does our city looks so much nicer than Leeds or Manchester, but the people are better looking, the nightlife is more fun and we have a huge bridge.

Where you live in Bristol says a lot about you. Whether you choose to live in Clifton, Redland, Stokes Croft or Easton in second and third year could dictate how good a time you’ll have, if you’ll shop at Waitrose (Clifton…) or if you’ll be burgled repeatedly (Easton…)

THE ROADS YOU SHOULD BE LIVING ON

Check out these unbelievable student houses in Bristol with Student Cribs

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THEM

Stokes Croft

Stokes Croft is Bristol’s equivalent of Williamsburg or Brooklyn in New York – an ultra-alternative zone of ferociously, near pathologically independent shops. The streets and buildings are covered with Banksy-esque graffiti or actual Banksy graffiti (who knows these days?) which will keep your Instagram likes permanently on a high.

Distance from the ASS: 16 minute walk

Distance from the city centre: 19 minute walk

Waverley Road

Student Cribs have two huge properties available on Waverley Road perfect for you and your friends

In the heart of Redland, Waverley Road sits proudly. Minutes from campus and staggeringly close to the city centre, the road’s proximity to everything that matters is a major selling point.

Distance from the ASS: 12 minute walk

Distance from the city centre: 30 minute walk

Live at the heart of Redland on Waverley Road. Get a house with Student Cribs next year

Gloucester Road

Gloucester Road acts as a middle ground for people who were maybe just a tad too adventurous for Filton Avenue, but maybe not quite wavey enough for Stokes Croft. It’s so far away you will never attend your lectures but who really cares, when your road boasts one of the largest concentrations of local shops in Europe.

Distance from the ASS: 40 minutes

Distance from the city centre: 51 minute walk

Redland

Although it’s not quite Clifton on the hill, Redland is one of the coolest places in Bristol and is highly populated by students, meaning Redland is easily the funnest place in the city. 

You can see campus from your bedroom window so it can be a bit expensive. The price tag is worth it though as the road is lit with almost daily pre-drinks. If you need somewhere modestly priced and you want to feel like you’re still in halls then this is your future home.

Distance from the ASS: 19 minute walk

Southleigh Road

Student Cribs have a seven bedroom property on Southleigh Road. Check it out!

Southleigh Road dispels all of the stereotypes you have when you first start university. As a fresher you thought you would live in a grotty squat and you wouldn’t leave your room for three years. Then you came across Southleigh Road. It’s not got a big reputation, but it should. Every house has a balcony, there’s a pub at the end of the road and if you’re feeling really hungover, you can crawl to Lido, an amazing swimming pool with a restaurant and bar. It is in Clifton after all.

Distance from the ASS: 13 minute walk

Distance from the city centre: 25 minute walk

Like the sound of Southleigh Road? Find out more with Student Cribs 

City Centre

The city centre houses all of the shops, the nicest restaurants and all of the best spots are in walking distance. Noise levels on the street outside your window are relentlessly high. The city never sleeps and neither will you.

Distance from the ASS: 16 minute walk

Distance from the city centre: You’re already there

Clifton

If you’re looking for somewhere that even you’re parents will be impressed by – Clifton is the perfect spot. Despite its upmarket and middle class exterior, Clifton still has an abundance of available and affordable student houses. Look out for parking spaces though, as you’ll need somewhere to park your Jag.

Distance from the ASS: 21 minute walk

Distance from the city centre: 32 minute walk

Easton

You and your friends have had an absolute nightmare. You left it too late – ‘they’ll never run out of houses’ you said and now you’re stuck in Easton surrounded by locals.

Public service announcement: Make sure you get contents insurance, as Easton is renowned for burglaries.

Distance from the ASS: 40 minute walk

Distance from the city centre: 28 minute walk

Fishponds

Glenside students are the only people who know anything about Fishponds. If you’ve considered a house here for next year, think again as it is desolate.

Distance from the ASS: 1 hour 25 minute walk

Distance from the city centre: 1 hour 26 minute walk

Houses in Bristol are going fast

Check out these unreal houses with Student Cribs

Fill out this form to make an enquiry