Brooke Baldwin is a total badass and you should know who she is

It was announced today she is the 2017 commencement speaker

Today, UNC announced the 2017 commencement speaker will be CNN news anchor and J-School alum, Brooke Baldwin. It’s exciting news that an alum will be making the speech – especially when they are so cute about crossing it off their bucket list.

But I wondered if people knew who Brooke Baldwin was – and most of the friends I texted definitely didn’t.

Some of them knew she was famous, but not what she was famous for. Until they googled her and saw her beautiful face on CNN’s homepage.

But guys, you should really know who Brooke Baldwin is. In November 2016, she got major press for telling a blogger not to use the N-word on her show. She cried she was so passionate about it.

She has won the Peabody award for her team’s coverage of the oil spill in the Gulf and made an award-winning documentary called “To Catch A Serial Killer” with CNN’s Special Investigations Unit. What’s even better? She’s only 37. She has an entire career ahead of her, and she has already accomplished such amazing things.

We should all know who Brooke Baldwin is. And I am glad that UNC is shedding light on such an amazing alumna.

UNC