Donald Trump tweeted at UMass

Make UMass great again?

Well UMass, it happened. The political candidate and apprentice himself has tweeted at us. Yesterday, Donald Trump posted this on his (usually hilarious) Twitter:

Wait…what?! The campus with a UMass for Bernie Sanders group has “great numbers” in a poll relating to #Trump2016? This can’t be what it looks like.

And, as it happens, it isn’t.

The poll in question is a UMass poll taken of “likely republican primary voters,” not necessarily UMass students. The poll was administered by UMass Poll in cooperation with YouGov.

According to the article, “YouGov interviewed 1,224 respondents who were then matched down to a nationally representative sample of 1,000 American adults.”

UMass Poll is affiliated with the political science department, taking political polls of Massachusetts and beyond to look at trends in political instances.

So, fear not residents of Central, Trump isn’t in the lead here at UMass. As for “likely republican primary voters”, however, our thoughts are with you in this time of obvious delusion.

Some of the most interesting replies to the original tweet:

Also, what the hell is this?

So, who does UMass really favor?

UMass Amherst amherst debate donald trump GOP presidential race republican trump umass umass amherst