UH Dining to resume services in morning following contaminated water scare

Students were frustrated with the lack of communication from the university

UH Dining closed all campus restaurants today following evidence of contaminated water.

Originally reported on Reddit, The Engineering Building, the UC, Calhoun Lofts all began reporting brown and yellow water from bathroom faucets and in the toilets.

After closing all locations at around 3:30 p.m. due to water outages, at 9:50pm UH Dining tweeted that normal services would reopen in the morning.

Students are reacting with frustration to the lack of information being provided by the University, who have still failed to send around a campus-wide email explaining what happened and why the water was tainted in the first place.

At around 3:30 p.m. today, a student reported a sign on the counter of The Nook saying they would be serving only bottled beverages that day, and that they apologized for the inconvenience.

The toilet water in the loft

Following this, UH announce at around 6:40 p.m. that the dining options would all be closed and the two cafeteria-style dining halls would run a “limited menu.”

We have contacted the University for an update and are currently awaiting a response.

University of Houston