Everything you need to know about the Women’s March on Philadelphia today

Over 22,000 people have RSVP to attend this event

Over 150 cities including Philadelphia will unite today in Washington, D.C. for the historic Women’s March. Over 22,000 people have said they will attend the Women’s March on Philadelphia on their Facebook event, while 24,000 people said they were interested of attending.

Our own Philadelphia mayor Jim Kenney will speak at the march along with various other speakers, according to the schedule Women’s March on Philadelphia has released.

At today’s march, thousands will stand together in the birthplace our nation for the protection of our civil liberties, civil rights, and equality. Despite anyone’s gender, race, ethnicity, religious affliction, political party, immigration status, or sexual identity—thousands will join together in Philadelphia to voice their concerns and to peaceably express their grievances.

This march will be like no other and the reported amount of people attending is groundbreaking. Several Temple University students and other college students from the area will also take part of this historic march by advocating their concerns today.

Temple Contemporary from the Tyler School of Art had free supplies for students to make their own signs for the Women’s March and various students posted them online to show their support.

You still have time to make a sign for marching. Thank GAID! Stop by until 5pm. Free and supplies are provided! #tylerschoolofart #marchon #protest #artsupport #supportthearts #speakup #makeart #create #beaccountable #actnow #action #speakup #phillyarts #templeuniversity #philadelphia #washingtondc

A video posted by Temple Contemporary (@temple_contemp) on Jan 18, 2017 at 12:01pm PST

Shaniece Maldonado, a Visual Anthropology student at Temple, showed The Tab some of the posters she will be using during the march and what other signs students have made in preparation for the march.

#Truth #WhyIMarch #FuckTrump ✊️

A photo posted by Shaniece ?Ashley (@__shaniece) on Jan 18, 2017 at 1:49pm PST

Women’s March on Philadelphia has released a map of the march, where they will begin from the Logan Circle to Eakins Oval. There will be various street closures reported by 6ABC during this march including Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 16th Street and 20th Street, 19th Street between Race Street and Vine Street, and Race Street between 20th Street and Logan Circle.

The Tab Temple will report on the latest updates from today’s march and it’s also not too late for anyone to attend the march since registration is not required.

Temple University