Princeton’s Peter Singer targeted by right-wing ‘Professor Watch’ group

He said: ‘The organization apparently has no idea what universities are all about’

A pointless new site called Professor Watchlist has gone online to name and shame teachers who they say are promoting anti-conservatism.

Their mission statement? “To expose and document college professors who discriminate against conservative students and advance leftist propaganda in the classroom.”

It’s the site nobody wanted or asked for, least of all Princeton’s Professor Peter Singer, who has been listed on the watchlist of teachers pushing a “radical agenda.”

Peter Singer, according to Professor Watchlist

They said:

“Peter Singer is an animal-rights activist and professor at Princeton who also believes that it is reasonable for healthcare providers to kill mentally disabled babies. He strongly questions the personhood given to any unborn child and finds little similarity to killing an unborn child and killing any other person. However, Singer believes that all rights, including the right to life, should be granted to animals. Singer simultaneously advocates for the right to life for animals and the right to abort the unborn child. Singer believes children should be able to be aborted up to two years old.”

So we contacted Prof Singer, who hit back to say Professor Watchlist has “no idea what universities are all about”:

“The organization apparently has no idea what universities are all about. My aim is not to ‘advance a radical agenda’ but to stimulate my students to think about the foundations of their ethics. Anyone who glances at the reading lists for my courses will see that I always tell them to read the works of writers opposed to my views, and some of our discussion sections are also led by teachers with very different views from my own.”

Charlie Kirk on TV

It’s worth adding Professor Watchlist was set up by Charlie Kirk, a right-wing meathead who set up conservative organization Turning Point USA.

He’s also known for appearing on TV with firebrand pundit Tomi Lahren to rail against what they call “special snowflakes” and celebrate free market economics.

Way to go Charlie!

Princeton University