Donald Trump’s transition team enlists UF professor

His concentration will be in the Federal Communications Commission

Mark Jamison, a UF business professor, has been chosen as one of two members to join Trump’s tech-policy transition team. Jamison will be involved with the Federal Communications Commission, which controls radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable communications throughout the U.S., as well as internationally.

Prior to taking on this role, the UF professor had in fact been critical of the FCC and its choice to establish net neutrality. With net neutrality, the FCC’s goal is to “establish a legal standard for other broadband provider practices to ensure that they do and do not unreasonably interfere with or disadvantage consumers’ access to the Internet”.  He was vocal about his opinion in a published blog post as well as a tweet in which he asked whether the FCC should even exist.

Mark Jamison is currently the director of UF’s Public Utility Research Center. Previously he acted as the special academic adviser to the chair of the Florida Governor’s Internet Task Force and the manager of regulatory policy at Sprint.

Photo by Gage Skidmore.

University of Florida: UF