UW gets free DJ Khaled concert after freshman completes Mentos challenge

Somehow passing out 43,000 bottles of gum lead to UW-Madison getting a free concert

A UW freshman has won our school a free concert from Snapchat superhero DJ Khaled after completing a challenge set by a gum company.

Sam Jeschke was asked by Mentos to pass out 43,000 free bottles of gum (roughly the number of students at UW) during his first week on campus. And what does completing that task result in? A FREE DJ Khaled concert… and he succeeded!

UW-Madison announced that this concert will be at the Kohl Center on Monday, October 30, starting at 7:30 PM. Tickets will be available from September 16.

"Current UW-Madison students may present their WisCard in-person for a maximum of one (1) free ticket for the concert beginning on Saturday, September 16 at 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Kohl Center Ticket Office, located inside of Gate B."

Ticket sales will then continue in-person at the McGinnis Family Athletic Ticket Office until October 6.

Make sure to get yours today, because We're The Ones (see what I did there?) who get to benefit from Sam's success!

University of Wisconsin