Simple winter date ideas in Madison

Six fun ways to spend time with the ones you love

Looking for something to do with your significant other, friends, or even your parents? Have no fear. Check out these fun and easy ways to spend time with your loved ones this holiday season.

Sledding

All you need is a hill covered in fresh snow, some winter gear, and a sled. Don’t have a sled? Word on the street is you can makeshift sleds out of garbage bags or trays.  Nothing says ‘winter’ like playing in the snow.

Go look at holiday lights

Whether you walk, drive, or take a bus, you are bound to find some spectacular displays this year for the holidays.  The trees on University Avenue are always a sight to see, and you can always visit the light show downtown.  It’s a perfect way to enjoy simple beauties.

Go to a hockey game

‘Tis the season for snow, hot cocoa, and hockey! The trick here is to go to the best hockey games to maximize your fun experience, meaning Badger hockey.  The crowd is wild, the fights are intense, and the prospect of free frozen dairy dessert is always there.

Have a holiday movie night

Not looking to get dressed and go out? Grab a blanket and some popcorn and binge watch some holiday classics with your favorite people. Spruce up the night with other fun treats by having each person bring a snack of some sort.

Go ice skating

Embrace your inner figure skater and take on the ice. Chances are you’ll fall a few times, but you there is a high chance you’ll be having a blast.

Have an ice fishing date

This is an activity you can really only find in the Midwest. If people are bold enough to be in the middle of a frozen lake and fish on it, it has to be worth the adventure.

University of Wisconsin