Top shows to binge-watch over break

Lay on the couch, eat, and watch TV

During the school weeks, there is barely enough time to watch any of your favorite shows. Going home is a pivotal time to catch up on what to watch.

The holiday breaks are approaching, so this is the time to find out which shows are worthy of your time. From drama to comedy, I have a show from each genre for everyone to enjoy.

This is Us

With a rating of 8.8 out of 10 on IMDb, this new NBC series is a must-watch. It is a heart-wrenching show about very different people whose lives cross in many ways. Although it only has eight episodes so far, you can catch up on all eight in time to follow the show every Tuesday night.

Scandal 

If you are looking for a show that grabs your attention and keeps you on the edge of your seat, Scandal is the show for you. Shonda Rhimes, the creator of Grey’s Anatomy and How to Get Away with Murder, has created yet another thrilling series. This show lives up to its name, involving many scandalous events with the main character, Olivia Pope. With only five seasons, you can easily binge-watch this all the way through and be ready to start watching season six when it premieres in January.

New Girl 

Watching Netflix outside like the professional I am

New Girl is a show about Jess who recently broke up with her boyfriend and moves into an apartment with three single guys. Although it sounds like a standard plot line, it is incredibly witty and has a lot of comedic stars.  If you are looking for an upbeat comedy, this is your show. With six seasons of constant laughter and smiles, this show will definitely make your break a bit brighter.

Game of Thrones

If you haven’t heard of Game of Thrones, I don’t know where you have been. This show has been one of the most popular hits on TV, and the hype keeps growing. It is an action-packed, nail-biting type of show that constantly leaves you hanging at the end of each episode. If you aren’t finished with the eight seasons by the end of break, you aren’t watching the show right.

Parenthood 

OK, we went outside. Can we watch Netflix now?

This series ended last year, but it is another must-see. Parenthood is a drama following the lives of the four grown Braverman kids, and it takes a look at how they learn to support their own families. This show is a relatable and heart-warming show that gives you all the feels. Over break, you make loved ones a priority and this is exactly what Parenthood is all about. This is the show to sit down and watch with your family.

Get ready to receive the ‘are you still watching’ message on Netflix this break because I can guarantee you will be binge-watching one of these shows soon.

University of Wisconsin