The ultimate UW-Madison hangover map

The best places to go when healing that hangover

Classic you: you were trolling State Street at an ungodly hour last night, and now you are regretting every single drink you took.  The pounding head, the dehydration, the ‘I wish I was dead’ thoughts cycling through every five minutes: it’s the dreaded hangover.

Hazy, just like my night out

As people who have gone out once or twice, my roommates and I know this feeling all too well.  To help out our fellow party Badgers, I asked my friends to help me make a map of the places you need to know in order to cure that hangover of yours.

Eat pre-bed

If you are still out on the town at the ass-crack of dawn, you may want to think about filling your stomach with something other than alcohol.  Luckily, there are restaurants on State and beyond that understand this college need.

We all know Ian’s is a great place to go, but who can stand those lines?  Some places open this late are Pizza de Roma, Jimmy John’s, or Parthenon Gyros.  I suggest a nice breakfast-before-sunrise at Short Stack, because who can argue with these happy faces?

Replenish

Done chowing down?  You should probably grab some provisions before you head off to bed.  My ultimate hangover cure is Gatorade because the added electrolytes help prevent headaches, but I’ve also heard Pedisure helps as well.  Stop by 7/11 on your walk home, you’ll thank yourself tomorrow.

Eat again

Good morning sunshine!  How did you sleep?  Probably not well, but don’t worry, I have the perfect greasy breakfast places for you. Basset Street Brunch Club has the greasiest bacon around, and I know I can’t get enough of it.

Sunroom Café has amazing breakfast burritos, and you can’t go wrong with Mickey’s if you can get in.  Down a a cup of strong coffee and keep chugging along.

Doesn’t this look glorious?

Drink it off

Is breakfast not cutting it?  Is your hangover calling for another drink?  A Bloody Mary may be in your future.  The Nitty Gritty has the ultimate Bloody called Brunchzilla: it comes with sausage, bacon, cheese, and a mini burger on top.  Can you say yum?

Sweat it out

Sometimes, you just need to sweat out all the alcohol.  Why not try a new work out routine?  Hot yoga will always get the sweat rolling, or you can try boxing at Canvas Club.  Cyc Fitness is my go-to, but make sure you drink plenty of water before hitting the gym.

Representing my favorite work-out studio pre-party

Is there any real cure for a hangover?  That’s debatable, but downtown Madison has some helpful hangover healing, and you should visit some of these places next time you’re feeling a little ‘under the weather’.

University of Wisconsin