First day of school style

Strut into the semester in style

Stepping on campus for the first day of class can be nerve-racking, especially at a school as large as UW-Madison. It is important to make good first impressions with classmates and professors in order to establish solid relationships that will endure the length of the semester. Making a lasting first impression starts with how you are dressed. Letting your individual style show, while also looking polished and approachable is the easy part…the hard part is deciding what looks are going to keep you cool and comfortable on your first day predicted to be 88 degrees. Here are four fresh campus-ready outfits that would be perfect for the first day of class.

Boho

Keep the summer vibes going with bright, bold prints, and flowy silhouettes that will make you stand out in a good way. A sundress just might be your savior on your hot first day. Pair with flat gladiator sandals and your favorite jewelry for a fun and relaxed feel.

Classic

A pair of breathable denim skinnys and a sheer floral blouse can carry you through your entire day with ease. Accent with colored loafers, and finish with a sleek handbag for a seriously cute look to be taken serious in.

Edgy

Make the right statement by showing off a graphic T as you strut to class with confidence. Shredded denim shorts and simple jewelry add interest to your outfit without being overdone.Your favorite beat up sneaks top it all off to achieve a cool girl aura.

Sporty

Sweat is no sweat when you rock athleisure. Dark colors and athletic fabrics will hide and wick away and unwanted moisture you experience while walking outside in the heat. Simple separates and throwback shoes are easy to mix and match until you find the ensemble that is just right for you.

Whatever your style, using these looks as a guideline for your own outfit will surely help you conquer your first day of school.

University of Wisconsin