UW-Madison is in the top 100 American colleges, Forbes says

Go Badgers

Apart from the usual Ivy League schools and other liberal art colleges making top 20, UW-Madison has been ranked above many, including Lehigh and New York University, making the cut at #69 this year on Forbes’ latest list. The school is also one of the oldest members of the prestigious Association of American Universities, a group of 62 leading research universities in the U.S. and Canada.

As the flagship institution of the University of Wisconsin system and one of the highest ranking public colleges in the nation (#10), UW-Madison is home to many notable alumni and faculty with 18 Nobel and 26 Pulitzer prizes. Architect Frank Lloyd Wright and A.C. Nielsen Jr., former president of the massive Nielsen Company, are one of the school’s many respectable alumni.

Photo by: Bryce Richter, UW-Madison

The university has also been in the top 5 of the world’s best universities for Communication and Media Studies in recent years, along with UC-Berkeley, USC and London School of Economics.

Additionally, the latest groundbreaking discovery of early humans, a creature called Homo naledi, was found by a group of scientists, among whom is UW-Madison postdoctoral fellow Caroline VanSickle.

Besides the academic excellence, the Wisconsin Badgers also compete in the NCAA Division I Big 10 Conference every year. The school’s sports spirit is always at its peak during the game season with more than 80,000 Badgers and fans gather at Camp Randall in the traditional red and white colors.

Photo by: Jeff Miller, UW-Madison

With a student body of over 40,000, UW-Madison consists of people representing 50 states and 124 countries around the world.

The rankings, compiled for Forbes, focus on outcomes. Twelve factors are used to calculate the rankings, each of which falls into one of five categories: student satisfaction, postgraduate success, student debt, graduation rate and academic success.

UW-Madison also came close to the often compared USC, with USC ranking at #65 on the Forbes list. You’d better watch out USC, we’ll catch up in no time.

University of Wisconsin