The country’s favorite Snapchat couple tells us their inside story

‘We went from zero to a thousand in 24 hours’

Last week students at the University of Wisconsin-Madison witnessed a love story unfold on their screens through the campus Snapchat story – broken exclusively on The Tab Wisconsin.

Now, their love story has been viewed by nearly two million people.

Abby Diamond, Mystery Girl, and Reed Bjork, Vikings Fan, were two complete strangers until last Thursday when Abby boldly confessed her “love” for Reed on the UW campus story. The whole campus watched as Reed and Abby tried to meet for the first time.

“There was so much hype around it that when I saw him I felt like I already knew him,” Abby told The Tab.

Abby and Reed have had many skeptics claiming the whole event was staged, but they promise every moment was authentic.

According to Abby, the couple has also been receiving a lot of negativity because the public claims this love story only happened because they are both attractive.

“If you find a person attractive you talk to them,” Abby said. “It’s not like we were doing a self centered thing.”

Abby said her life has gotten a lot more chaotic in the past few days, and Reed agrees. With three finals this week he said it has been difficult to focus.

“If it was any other week I think I could be handling it sanely,” Reed said. “Just not during finals week.”

Abby said the chaos has made it difficult to get to know each other. She said they text and talk on the phone everyday, but a lot of the time it is to discuss interviews.

The couple is hoping to have a little more time to relax and get to know each other better this weekend, but so far Abby said they get along great.

“We get along really well which is nice, because I wouldn’t want to be going through this with someone I didn’t get along with,” she said.

Abby said she likes how smart Reed is and adores his sense of humor, but she also noted how coveted he has become since the story went viral.

“He’s gotten so much female attention,” she said. “It’s a little unnerving just because we have this reputation to uphold. I don’t want to be like you can’t talk to other girls, because I don’t know you, so you might like other girls. He’s getting so much female attention, and I’m getting literally none from guys.”

Reed said he has tried to ignore all of the attention – he deleted all of his social media apps off of his phone, except for Snapchat.

Relationships are uncharted territory for both Reed and Abby. Abby said she has never been in a serious relationship, and Reed said he hasn’t dated anyone in six years.

“I’ve had the worst luck with guys and now I am the couple of the country,” Abby said. “We went from zero to a thousand in 24 hours.”

Although everything is moving very quickly Abby and Reed are taking things slow. Reed said right now they are definitely just friends, but plan on getting to know each other better.

As for the future, they both will be around Madison for the summer.

“Best case scenario we will be in the same city for a long time,” Abby said.

University of Wisconsin