The Badger’s essential Spring playlist

You’re welcome

Spring is finally here, especially for the Wisconsinites. After months of hibernation, freezing cold, gloomy weather and snow, there’s finally sunshine and warmth.

Forget the overplayed Top 20 on the radio, here are 14 songs you need in your Spring playlist to amp up your energy and mood for the (very soon) coming finals and summer. Of course this doesn’t cover all music genres, but it surely includes many of the best songs that will brighten up your day (even months).

Don’t Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers ft. Daya

This comeback hit after #Selfie by the Chainsmokers will not let you down, I guarantee.

For a Better Day by Avicii

Any Avicii fans will know they’re about to go on their last tour and will take a break from the music industry indefinitely. In the meantime, try listening to this awesome gem that is so different from their other hits. Let’s hope they’re just taking some time off to come back on a better day.

Rather be by The Clean Bandit ft. Jess Glynne

Hands down, this is still the happiest love song in recent years. The verse with the violin melody is incredibly catchy and addictive.

Riptide by Vance Joy

Even Taylor Swift covered this song. That shows how good it is. No questions asked.

Conqueror by AURORA

This 19-year-old Norwegian singer is becoming a sensation in Europe and will soon be all around the world. Katy Perry even tweeted “Finally. New music that makes my heart flutter.” And it really does. You just don’t hear this kind of vocal every day.

Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

This is an epitome of an oldie but goodie. Released in 2009, to this day it doesn’t fail to make you fantasize about a nice spring (or summer) day with a special someone.

Love will Set You Free by Kodaline

The Irish band became a phenomenon after releasing “All I Want” for The Fault in Our Stars soundtrack. Their beautiful music touches and speaks to your soul in the simplest way. If you’re under heaps of stress because of school, work or relationships, this song will be your stress-reliever.

Hymn for the Weekend by Coldplay

Though interrupted and stolen the stage by Beyonce and Bruno Mars, Colplay’s “Hymn for the Weekend” is a real gift for music lovers.

Cheap Thrills by Sia

It’s Sia. What more do I need to say? Maddie Ziegler, the infamous child dancer in her videos, already looks grown up in this new video. I seriously hope they will never stop collaborating.

Secrets by Tiësto & KSHMR feat. Vassy

Besides popular EDM anthems like “Animals”, “Tremor” or “Tsunami”, “Secrets” is definitely a favorite of many EDM fans as well. It’s alright if you couldn’t make it to Ultra Miami this year, because this song will at least soothe your sadness.

Mind by Skrillex & Diplo ft. Kai

After their huge hit “Lean On” last year, Skrillex and Diplo again co-produced this track. It might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s so worth a try.

The Rhythm by MNEK

The rhythm and this dude’s vocal just makes you want to dance and at the same time wonder where he has been all this time.

Shots by Imagine Dragons ft. Broiler (Broiler Remix)

This song will make you want to stop everything and go on an adventure. That’s all I have to say.

This song made you smile, dance and happy in 2014, and there’s no doubt it still does.

University of Wisconsin